Most companies and teams, whether in a huge enterprise with frequent mergers and acquisitions, a rapidly growing startup, or a mid-size business adapting to constant disruption—struggle to keep pace with dynamic user access management as employees join, change positions, or leave the organization and it requires a lot of changes in terms of permissions, etc. The process of onboarding and offboarding users is tedious and complex. Many organizations still rely on manual provisioning processes, such as enabling and disabling accounts on an app-by-app basis, for every employee. In our projects, we see that onboarding is one of the most common bottlenecks to high-volume employee onboarding and offboarding.
VYou – user management and access management solution could eliminate identity lifecycle chores that slow things down and provide access to new hires on their first day. VYou vision is to simplify the automation of user management and access management as well as software development life cycle, putting extra emphasis on easy integration and scalability.
Given how critical business applications are to employee productivity, and how many apps the average company uses (at last count, large organizations deploy over 160), an access management solution should never be an afterthought. Based on our experience, new employees get frustrated if it takes more than a day to receive the right level of access to all the applications, collaboration groups, and content libraries they need to get up to speed. Meanwhile, any delay in removing access for terminated users creates security risks, but deleting accounts prematurely can result in the loss of valuable corporate assets.
By using VYou to automate access management processes , onboarding and offboarding, you can:
- Give new employees the tools and access they need on day one
- Reduce costs
- Facilitate compliance efforts
- Maintain a centralized record of how a user got access
- Ensure access is granted or revoked on time
- Grant access when new employees join and revoke access as soon as employees leave
- Relieve your IT team from manual provisioning work (e.g. creating, deactivating accounts)
- Automate account actions
- Set unique rules for account creation, updates, and deactivation on each application.
- Manage employees
- Trigger changes from HR or IT systems
- Manage contractors and partners