Improve and scale identity, governance, and access management
VYou helps organizations regardless of the industry to create a single view of the customer, reducing friction at user management and access management system, maintaining privacy and building trusted relationships.
Here are the most common VYou use cases that can be segmented by industry, but also can be beneficial to any company that searches for a secure and scalable user management and access management system that can be integrated in an easy and fast way.
Use Case: Nestlé
The process of checking the stock level at Nestlé is done manually and in order to do that Nestle and Apiumhub have partnered since 2016 to develop an app called Inshelf ( available in Google Play and Apple Store) , so human agents have a tool to quickly check and report stock levels in store by scanning the barcodes of the products.
The previous version of Inshelf had a very limited user management system, which lacked some features such as social login that would make the onboarding of new stock levent agents on the field much easier.
This process is critical and in order to do that, Nestlé put its trust in VYou, developed by Apiumhub, given the approach of VYou to ease the integration process as much as possible.
- Replace the previous user management system with VYou in::
– Inshelf backoffice
– Inshelf Android app
– Inshelf iOS app
- Deploy a VYou instance to manage user authentication and authorization on the Azure cluster of Inshelf for the backoffice and the client apps
- Do all this process in less than 2 weeks
- Inshelf is a live product, so the availability of the platform was not negotiable.
- The process had to be really fast because that was a key factor why VYou was chosen.
- VYou is designed as a multiplatform service on premise, but this was our first live project for an external customer to be deployed on Azure
VYou features integrated
- User management system
- Flexible profiles
- Basic user system based on email / password
- User system based on Google Social login
- User system based on Facebook Social login
- Strong backend securitization using VYou OAuth architecture
- User communication via email using Sendgrid integration
- Docker based deployment on Azure infrastructure
- Fast integration
- The best estimate of our competition exceeded 2 months
- We did it in 2 weeks
- Seamless user experience
- The existing users only had to update the app version and setup a new password
- Seamless refactor
- The whole process was transparent to the nestle staff involved in inshelf
Use Case: GSAS
GSAS (Global Software Architecture Summit) is a 2-days summit which aims to attract and connect software architecture experts from all over the world as well as all those interested in building working software to improve their skills, share knowledge, and connect..
GSAS wants to give an opportunity to speakers, attendees and sponsors to connect with the community by developing a mobile app which makes it possible by scanning badges and connecting on social networks, participating in raffles and contributing to the discussions. Instead of building a login system from scratch, GSAS decided to integrate the VYou app – user management and access management solution.
- Give networking opportunity
- Schedule tracking
- Participation in raffles scanning QR code
- Sponsors visibility
- Ability to engage and ask questions in real time
- Be able to connect with other participants of the event
- Ability to change personal information after registration
- Run lotteries and identify winners
- Remind attendees, sponsors and speakers about upcoming talks, workshops and raffles
- Choose which workshop to attend
- Show sponsors’ information in a more visual way
- Have an option to ask questions in real time without interrupting speakers
VYou features integrated
- Account Management
- Access management
- Password Privacy Management
- Compliance Management
- SDK for iOS & Android
- SendGrid Integration
- All VYou features are successfully personalized and integrated with GSAS look and feel. Once implemented it is very easy to use for organizers as well as users due to its user friendly interface.